Friday, November 7, 2008

Water Woes

I must have angered Poseidon in a past life. And now he is getting back at me, not with a tidal wave of trouble, but rather with drips or droughts at the most inconvenient times. Right now there is no water at all coming out of the faucets, but there are soaked towels all over my kitchen floor because when I do have water it leaks from the pipes. Our running water "dries up" about every two weeks for a few hours and then magically returns. The water often stops running on Friday afternoons for some reason . . . I think it's because I often want to do laundry at that time. The leaking problems started with our boiler. It started leaking just before our first house guest arrived from Denver -- of course. We've had the boiler replaced, but the plumber who installed the "new" (used) one didn't seal the pipes well. The bottom line is a kitchen full of puddles and many befuddled telephone conversations with el plomero. We still have plenty of water to drink, since we buy that from a convenience store across the street. So, perhaps I only irritated Poseidon and didn't infuriate him. We'll see . . .

1 comment:

Logan Baldridge said...

Ouch Loks like posiden did not like you indeed.